Monday, November 9, 2009

22 Weeks To Go


I get married in 22 weeks. This is exciting and surreal at the same time. I have some stuff done. Dress, photographer, location. I still need to complete the music list, pick a song to walk down the isle to, meet with caterer, cake test, get list of formal photos wanted to photographer, pick decorations, pick card stock... The list just seems to be getting longer.
We have done some fun stuff. We began our registry this weekend. Spent 3 hrs or so looking at china patterns. Still haven't picked a formal one. I did get to register for a bunch of cooking stuff I've been drooling over for ages. That part was fun. Kept holding up stuff to my fiance and saying "I want this". He'd smile and point the scanner at it and not really ask what it was. I keep teasing him that I'm only marrying him to get new kitchen stuff. As long as it means he gets to eat yummy food he doesn't seem to care.
He only really wanted a couple things. Like root beer mugs. He registered for a box of four, then decided when we left the store we needed more. His argument is that we need to have back ups so that the root beer mugs are always frosty. I don't see this as something to worry about, and so far more of them haven't magically appeared on the registry.
Most of the time I keep wondering how I'm going to get stuff done next quarter. I don't really have a choice. I have to find a way to do more wedding stuff during school. Winter quarter ends two weeks before my wedding, and I'm not going to be able to cram it all in then. Fortunately my sweetie is helpful so we'll figure it out.
If I schedule things right I may even be able to get sleep next quarter.

2 comments:

M.Grace said...

Delegate! What can I do to help?

Leaving With Grace said...

not sure how to delegate this stuff. i'll call soon so we can talk.