Monday, October 12, 2009

Simple things in life

School has started and is kicking my butt already. Managerial accounting at least makes more sense than the other accounting classes. Still, its no where near easy. That means I'm up late reading and often rushing from my desk at work to my desk at home. If I'm lucky I get the hardest stuff done before the caffeine buzz wears off. If not I have to debate the benefits of another cup vs how late it will be before it wears off and I can sleep.
Fortunately my fiance is a gamer. This means that as long as he has a game to play (and food in the fridge) and he won't really notice I've been gone until I show up again. He offers to run errands for me so that I can cram in more study time, and he's fed me dinner after class. Usually he feeds me because I have had a coffee midway through class and once again there is no food in my fridge. He knows me well enough now that he knows when to pack me back into my car and send me home so that I fall asleep at home and not in the car.
Long way of saying we have to snatch bits of time together. This past weekend I worked from 8am to 6pm on Sat. That's normally my study and catch up time. So Sunday morning I decided we needed quality time together more than we needed to go to sermon. We grabbed coffee and the Cuban coffee shop across the street from our church (I love Seattle) and went for a walk.
It was absolutely beautiful out. The leaves are turning and the air was nice and crisp. We found a little park near by and played on the swings for a bit. Then we kept walking and found a bridge over this huge ravine. The ravine was filled with huge trees and lush green plants. It was gorgeous. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I had an incredible time on our impromptu date. I got to talk to him and focus on just him for more than a quick break between study sessions.
It was great.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new
And after having spent the day together
Hold each other close the whole night through

The happy times together we've been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending
Oh Wouldn't it be nice

No comments: