Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Location, location, location

My fiancé and I have finally decided on having the wedding in Seattle. Now we just need a church and a place to have the reception. My fiancé was recommended a church about a 30 min away from us. There is an absolutely gorgeous window that takes up the entire wall just behind where you stand to take your vows. The main draw back is that it only seats 40 people, which isn’t near enough. There are other draw backs but the lack of room decided it.

Sometime next week we are going to go look at the chapel at his old high school. If we like it and it is available we can have the wedding there for free. Turns out that is just one perk of graduating from a very prestigious school. His mom has wanted us to check it out since we got engaged but as I’ve had term papers and a final we haven’t had a chance.

Other than that I’m not sure where to look. My fiancé the goober is talking with a coworker that has been to a number of weddings for ideas. She’s the one that told us about the chapel with the beautiful window. There are also a number of small pretty chapels in Seattle for us to check out. Just have to start making calls and checking them out.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

M.Grace said...

Well fine. Get married in the beautiful state you have made your home. It'll be an excuse for me to visit the city I so love! Good luck on the Church hunt!

Anonymous said...

Well that settles it, i will finally have to come visit. That is if i get an invite. :) Love Mel